Crunchy Noodle Coleslaw with Sesame Soy Dressing
- 2 packages Momofuku Dried Noodles
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Momofuku Soy Sauce
- ⅓ cup fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice (about ½ a large grapefruit)
- ½ tablespoon grapefruit zest (heaping)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar or lemon juice
- ¼ cup Momofuku Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Momofuku Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Momofuku Chili Crunch
- ½ head napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions (6–8 scallions), sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
This extra-crunchy summer side is topped with a vinaigrette that’s packed with our soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and chili crunch.
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Break up ramen noodles and almonds on a sheet pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toast for 5 minutes and stir, then toast another 3 minutes or so until golden but not burned. Remove from the oven and top with 1 tablespoon of Momofuku Soy Sauce. (It will sizzle!) Stir crunchies around and set aside to cool and dry completely.
Mix together dressing ingredients and set aside. (It will taste quite sweet—but it’ll balance with the savory bitterness of the crunchies.)
When you are ready to serve, assemble cabbage and scallions in a large bowl and toss in dressing with some fresh ground black pepper. Mound crunchies on top and lightly stir to partially combine. This is best served immediately for optimum crunchiness.