Spicy Pork Belly
Korean Spicy Marinade
- ⅓ cup Gochujang
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Sugar (heaping)
- 2 tablespoon Mirin
- 3 tablespoons Momofuku Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt
- ½ teaspoon Momofuku Sesame Oil
- ½ pound Thinly-sliced pork belly (uncured bacon will also work here)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Kewpie mayonnaise
Marinate the pork. Mix all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl, then set half of it aside. Add pork belly to the remaining sauce and mix with your hands. Refrigerate for 20–30 minutes or up to a few hours to let it marinate.
When you are ready to cook, add olive oil to a pan over high heat. Add marinated pork belly and char on both sides until cooked through. Mix remaining marinade with Kewpie mayonnaise and serve as a sauce on the side. Serve with rice.