- 4 pounds potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup Kewpie mayonnaise (plus more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Momofuku Toasted Sesame Oil
- 5 scallions (greens and whites), sliced
- 1½ cups soy pickles, drained and chopped*
- Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt
- *Use our recipe for homemade soy daikon and Jalapeño pickles or substitute with store-bought bread and butter pickles, plus 1 Jalapeño pepper (chopped) and 2 tablespoons of Momofuku Soy Sauce.
Soy Pickle and Jalapeño Potato Salad Content
We’ve served versions of this potato salad across the Momoverse—it was one of the OG sandwiches at Peach Mart, and we offered it at Momofuku Noodle Bar. The key is adding crispy soy pickles to butterball potatoes—but if you don’t have homemade soy pickles, you can also sub in store-bought pickles and a little of our Momofuku Soy Sauce.
Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with water so it just covers the potatoes. Add 1 tablespoon of Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt and bring to a boil. (Seasoning the water here makes a big difference in the overall flavor of your potatoes—don’t skip this!) Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Drain and cool completely uncovered in the refrigerator, allowing them to dry out as they chill. Stir in kewpie mayonnaise, sesame oil, scallions, chopped pickles, 2 tablespoons pickle brine, and 2 tablespoons of Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt, breaking up the potatoes into small chunks with your spoon. Taste and add more mayonnaise or pickle brine if you want it more creamy or more Savory Seasoned Salt if it needs more seasoning. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.
A whole recipe will give you about 6–8 side portions of potato salad.