Korean BBQ Sweet Soy Marinade with Seared Skirt Steak
- ½ cup Momofuku Soy Sauce
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grate
- ½ in ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice (or substitute apple or orange juice)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon Sesame oil
- Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt
- 1 pound skirt steak
Mix together marinade ingredients and add steak. Marinate for 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator. If marinating overnight, remove and bring to room temperature for about an hour before cooking.
When you are ready to cook, heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan over high heat until hot. Sear steak for a few minutes on each side until the internal temperature reads about 120°F. Remove and let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain into long, thin strips.