Sheet Pan Vinegar Chicken with Roasted Peppers and Onions
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 + 1 tablespoons Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt
- 2 + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (preferably 1 red and 1 yellow), sliced
- 1 Korean long pepper (optional), halved
- 1 cup pepperoncini peppers, abou half of a 12 oz jar
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- ½ cup Momofuku Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Momofuku Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Curly parsley (optional)
This easy weeknight sheet pan combines the tanginess of Momofuku Rice Vinegar with roasted chicken, plus a bunch of vegetables. We like to serve it with a bowl of rice or noodles, tossed in butter.
Mix chicken with brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of Savory Seasoned Salt, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes on the counter or up to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
Heat oven to 450°F.
Mix sliced bell peppers, Korean long peppers, pepperoncinis, chickpeas, garlic, and red onion wedges with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt on a sheet pan. Top with prepared chicken. Pour Momofuku Rice Vinegar over the entire sheet pan, being careful not to rinse the seasoning off your chicken. Top each piece of chicken with a generous pinch of Momofuku Savory Seasoned Salt, then roast for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
Remove chicken from the pan and let it rest. Turn the broiler to high. Toss your vegetables gently then broil for 2–3 minutes until they start to char. Remove from the oven and stir in butter and soy sauce, scraping up browned bits on the sheet pan. Add chicken back to the sheet pan, then toss to evenly coat with sauce.
Serve topped with curly parsley, if desired, being sure to spoon pan sauce over chicken and vegetables.