Tingly Brown Butter Pumpkin Noodles
Tingly Chili Noodles
- 4 packs Momofuku Tingly Wavy Noodles (or other Momofuku noodle)
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 10–15 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- shaved parmesan or pecorino romano (optional)
- These easy fall noodles come together in 5 minutes with just 5 ingredients. They sub in perfectly as a side for your holiday dinner table—or they’re great alone as a quick weeknight dinner. One recipe makes 2–3 main course servings or 6–8 side course servings.
Tingly Brown Butter Pumpkin Noodles Content
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles for 1 minute. (They will be very undercooked.) Drain and save 2 cups of noodle water.
Return the pot to the stove and melt salted butter over medium high heat. As it begins to sizzle, add sage leaves. Swirl the pan to fry the sage leaves and brown the butter, about 1 minute.
Add pumpkin, ½ cup of noodle water, and 3 Tingly Wavy Noodle sauce packets. Stir to combine with browned butter. Add noodles and toss until they are evenly coated, adding more noodle water as needed to thin the sauce. (Some canned pumpkin brands are thicker than others—so if you end up with a thicker one, you’ll need more water.) Taste and add the additional sauce packet as needed to adjust the seasoning.
Serve immediately with shaved parmesan, if desired.
MORE HOLIDAY RECIPES
Hot Honey Glazed Bo SsämThis is a holiday spin on our classic Bo Ssäm recipe. For the cure, we add in Savory Seasoned Salt to give a rounder flavor. Then, on top, we sub in a sweet and spicy glaze made usin...
Cheesy Caramelized Onion BreadsticksThe roasted onions from our Momofuku cookbook are one of our favorite recipe starters. Here, we sub in shallots and stir in our Momofuku Hot Honey at the end. Then, we fold them into...
Hot Honey Turkey with Sweet & Spicy GravyWe’re not turkey people—but this is our new favorite holiday centerpiece. Our Momofuku Hot Honey gives the turkey a subtle sweetness and a hint of heat. Because you take the dripping...